Have you noticed the number of videos you see on social media and websites these days? It is no coincidence that you are seeing more and more videos being promoted, as video marketing is becoming the way of the future for businesses. There is no doubt that attention spans are decreasing and the fast-paced lifestyle of today demands quick, to-the-point marketing strategies to engage customers. Having an effective video to market your services or product can mean all the difference in your business’s success.
What is Video Marketing
Video marketing, by definition, is quite simple. It is the practice of using video to promote or market your product, service or business brand. Videos can range from testimonials, to live product demonstrations, to how-to videos. The simple fact is, having a video to market your business is effective and crucial in today’s culture.
Not convinced yet? Here are some quick facts about video marketing from HubSpot:
- Nearly 52% of professional marketers worldwide state that videos have the best ROI
- 43% state that video content is the most memorable form of marketing
- 54% of people want to see videos, rather than emails or social marketing
- 73% of customers who watch videos will buy
- 58% of consumers think companies are more trustworthy if they provide product videos
Let the research speak for itself. Adding videos to your website is extremely helpful for potential customers to understand and remember the product or service and adds trust to your business, as well.
Video and SEO
Adding videos to your website can have a direct impact on the SEO capabilities of your site, as well. Having videos on your website consequently brings people to your website more frequently. Also, click-through rates on your website can increase with video content.
Google, the number one search engine, likes seeing video content, which improves SEO. To enhance the search-ability of your video, it is also vital to include keywords that are relevant to your video. If you already have successful SEO tactics, including video could certainly only enhance business, as CISCO has projected that by 2019, 80% of all internet traffic will be accounted for those viewing videos.
Video Marketing Tips
Now that you know the value of including video marketing in your business strategy, we will cover some key points in creating successful videos for your audience.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when creating videos:
- Keep it short, between 1-2 minutes. Videos over 2 minutes show significant drop-off in engagement.
- Create video with mobile viewing capability in mind. People are watching videos more and more on mobile screens.
- Use 360° views when you are able. Having multiple views of your product or service enhances user experience.
- Create a call-to-action in your video. Prompt customers to act on your product.
- High-quality videos stand out above the competition. Create an engaging story through editing and production.
Not sure where to start in your video marketing strategy? We can help! Not only do we develop websites and do SEO, we also create high-quality videos with our film company, Copeland Film Co. Contact us today about creating your unique, engaging marketing video.